Thanks to BuzzFeed, and just in time for Valentine'
Day, here are several no-no's if you're going on a first date with
a food lover. Check out the
post for the rationale behind each item:
- Don't choose a super-fancy restaurant
- Don't choose a concept restaurant
- Don't make someone you ask out choose a
- Don't be rude to anyone who works at the
- Don't order a bottle of wine without asking your date
(we'd add - in particular, don't pretend to know more about wine
than you do)
- Don't order tuna tartare or any endangered
- Don't be obnoxious if your date takes a picture of the
food (though frankly we'd say something if they use a flash, stand
on a chair, or otherwise bother others)
- Don't try to feed your date
- Don't ignore your date's order when making your
And we'd like to add one more - don't gaze over at your date's
plate and moan "I wish I'd ordered that."
On the more yummy side - if you'd like some great recipes for
Valentine's Day, check out our Valentine's
Day Pinterest page - you'll be truly inspired.