Want to avoid advertising?

Join as Premium member »

Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Braised bean curd rolls in oyster sauce   Go to last post Go to last unread
Bikkie
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:41:11 AM(UTC)

I'm looking for a good recipe for braised bean curd rolls in oyster sauce.  Can anybody help?  Thanks!

robm
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:00:53 AM(UTC)
I'll bet you can find one by using the filters in the search function -- try limiting a search to Chinese recipes that include bean curd rolls and oyster sauce. I'd like to see such a recipe, too, although I'm looking for beef with bean curd and scallions in oyster sauce. The two dishes sound similar. The beef with bean curd was a common dish on Chinese menus in San Francisco and I used to have it for lunch all the time when I lived there, but here in Kansas City I never see it on menus, so I'll have to make it for myself!
Bikkie
#3 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2011 11:32:31 PM(UTC)
For ground beef and bean curd with scallions, try Mrs Ma's Chinese Cookbook or The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. No oyster sauce, but both recipes look delicious!
robm
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:30:00 AM(UTC)
Thanks! I'll look for it in the Thousand Recipe book, which I own. In S.F. it was made with sliced beef and cubed bean curd, but if the recipe is similar I'm sure it'll work. I've been trying to figure out the sauce they used in S.F. -- not sure if it was oyster or black bean, or a combination of the two!