Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

A Little Help w/Blog Archives   Go to last post Go to last unread
lucyzoe
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:35:33 PM(UTC)

I'm trying to figure out how to use the blog archives through EYB. Here's my little project:

There's a blog post on Food52 entitled State Fair Cream Puffs. If you scroll down, the recipe itself is entitled Cream Puffs (adapted from the Wisconsin Baker's Association). The recipe was originally posted on 6/9/2011. Here's the link:

http://www.food52.com/re...5_state_fair_cream_puffs

I'd like to tag this recipe in EYB, but I can't seem to find it when I search using any combination of words. 

Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Lucy Zoe

Jane
#2 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 9:35:45 PM(UTC)

Because their recipes are not presented in the standard blog format of most recent at the top of the blog, Food52 supplied us with the recipe links for all their back catalog.  Which was great but we then didn't have an easy way to retrieve all the recipes added after that.  We have now written a program to import new recipes as they are added but it only went live last night and I have a backlog to clear up.

So you should see all the recipes up in the next day.  Well, actually, we will never have all Food52 recipes as they only wanted us to list the winners, runners-up and editors' picks as the other recipes listed are untested.

robinorig
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:30:56 AM(UTC)
Jane
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:25:31 AM(UTC)

Thanks for those selections, robinorig.  Most of them are on our to-do list.  You can vote for any others you want us to do on the survey at the bottom of the Community page.

robinorig
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:28:49 AM(UTC)

Thanks, Jane! Will do!

kristabitt
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:20:36 PM(UTC)

I can't seem to find the survey for members to suggest new blogs to add to the library. A "Community Page" is referenced, but I don't see that either... It sounds like there was a site redesign relatively recently, so maybe this survey moved elsewhere, or was taken down? The survey is still referenced in the blog library search area, but links to the home page. I've got a list of blogs I'd like to suggest, but want to do it in the right spot. Any tips?

Jane
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:58:01 AM(UTC)

You are right kristabitt - the reference to the blogs survey refers to an old page that is no longer there.  We will change the heading on the blogs page.  

You can suggest blogs you would like to see indexed on EYB here or if you prefer start a new thread called Blog requests.  We have a chart based on the votes that were received when the survey was up and we will add your votes to that chart.