Want to avoid advertising?

Join as Premium member »

Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Win a food magazine subscription   Go to last post Go to last unread
milgwimper
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2011 9:28:37 AM(UTC)

I would choose Lucky peach. I have heard so much of it that I am curious. Also if it allows me to look at food in a different way so much the better. :) I have not heard of Olive but that would be my second choice. 

Melanie
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 12:49:19 AM(UTC)

nutmegfiz -  you might be able to get a copy of Lucky Peach from magnation in Sydney, depending on your location. I'm in Melbourne but the magnation stores near me got copies in. Alas, I too would love a subscription!

nardia_joy
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 4:24:45 AM(UTC)

I have subscribed to many food magazines over the years and after a few issues they all become repetitive - slight variations on the same sorts of dishes and i just end up flicking through and not really using them. The magazine which sets itself apart however is cuisine - it is a NZ magazine which makes it different from the start but the recipes are always that cut above the competition - just like a gorgeous coffee table book. The recipes are unique and adventurous and international and familar all at the same time - searching for recipes on their website shows you that they dont have the same run of the mill recipes that we usually come to expect from food magazines. However i am now living in the UK and it is impossible to source over here - I would love to win a subscription - not only so i can continue to enjoy this wonderful foodie magazine but because by winning I would expose all the users of your website to a truly unique magazine which very few may have heard of. 

Thanks for the opportunity and for a fabulous website - i tell as many people as i can about you and everyone thinks it is a wonderful idea. Thank you for helping me access all the fabulous recipes sitting on my bookshelf.

ccav
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:54:22 AM(UTC)

I am a big fan of Lucky Peach.  It was quite a brave venture, to begin publishing a new magazine at a time when

print publications are considered by some to be dying.  But, they were so enthusiastically received that they ran out of the first issue in many places.

What I love about it after reading the first issue:  excellent, creative, humorous storytelling/writing; the issue is packed with good design and illustration; and I learned in depth about ramen, how it is eaten, prepared, revered and served in many parts of Japan. 

Print publications are possibly "dying" in some genres, but I strongly believe that in cooking and art, we will have books and magazines for a long time coming.  There is just no adequate digital substitute yet, nor will there be for some time, and I think/hope that the sales of these reflect that. 

lilyicious
#25 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 5:21:23 PM(UTC)

I have been buying issues of Fine Cooking magazines since1994.  I probably bought about 3/4 of all their issues.  Some our family favorite recipes have come from Fine Cooking!  I been wanting to get a subsciption for years, but for one reason or another I haven't.  I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to win a subsciption to Fine Cooking!!  I hope you pick me :)

Lil

sue15cat
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:58:30 AM(UTC)

I would love a subscrition to Vegetarian Living magazine. 

After many years of dithering and swinging one way and then another, I finally took the plunge and went completely vegetarian this year.  Since January I have been on a voyage of discovery.  New foods and ingredients have been appearing in my cupboards and on my plate.

It's been wonderful, my shelves are groaning under the weight of new cookbooks, hence my delight at finding your site.  But this magazine brings all the newest revelations, ingredients and cooking methods to your fingertips as well as the simple and old trusted ones and that is why I love it so.

Sue xx

carmike198
#27 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2011 8:23:05 PM(UTC)

EYB is a fine development in using personal cook book libraries and collections of magazines.  One of the fine aspects of planning a special meal is researching and creating a menu.  EYB had added a new dimension to be creative in this planning. 

One of my favorite cooking magazines is Fine Cooking.  It not only provides wonderful recipes on a theme or based on an ingredient, but it is well researched and very reliable.

Until now, unless I earmarked a recipe, I would use the topics listede on the spine of Fine Cooking magazine to pull it out for my research.  Now with EYB can just type in an ingredient and be led to the recipes.

I would truly enjoy another year's subscription to Fine Cooking.

Thanks

fiona
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 01, 2011 9:38:05 PM(UTC)

Congratulations to the winner - chris08226, who will be receiving a subscription to Fine Cooking magazine.

Thank you to everyone who took part - we loved reading your posts.  We used a random generator to decide the winner as it was impossible to choose 'the best'. 

2 Pages<12