Want to avoid advertising?

Join as Premium member »

Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Wish list button   Go to last post Go to last unread
Isis
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:18:30 PM(UTC)

I wish there was a button to put a book on a Wish List!  I'm new, and as I scrolled through the books I saw many that I don't have but covet........

Jane
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:56:56 PM(UTC)

I know, it's on our (very long) wishlist to get done by our developers.

ellabee
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:11:28 PM(UTC)

In the meantime, there's always a 'wishlist' bookmark.

Jane
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:41:14 PM(UTC)

The problem with that is that you have to have the book on your Bookshelf to add the Bookmark and the recipes are then in your search results but you don't yet own the book.  I suppose it will show you how many recipes you will want to cook from that book before you own it!

wester
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 9:52:21 AM(UTC)

An alternative way to handle this would be an "inactivate" button, so you can choose which of your books don't show up on the recipe search.

Apart from my (sizable) wishlist, I own quite a few cookbooks that I don't dislike enough to get rid of (yet) but don't like enough to really want the recipes in every search. An inactivate button would solve both problems at the same time.

Christine
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:05:41 PM(UTC)

A slightly more time consuming solution, but one that definitely works is to actually make 2 bookmarks - 1 for your wish-list books and 1 for the books you own.  Bookmark all books on your shelf as one or the other. Then, when you do a search you can choose "Look in" only the bookmark for the books you own.   Then if for some reason you did want to search in your wish-list books (say, in figuring out how useful a book might be, or deciding whether or not you want to go ahead and buy it) you can do that also.

wester
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:14:03 PM(UTC)

The problem with the solution given in #6, is that (at least as EYB is now) it is then not possible to use other bookmarks at the same time, such as Do Later or custom bookmarks for a particular diet.

Christine
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 3:28:18 PM(UTC)

You are right, you cannot search in multiple bookmarks, but if the only bookmark a Wish-list book had was "wish-list," that shouldn't affect any of your other bookmarks or searches, as long as all the books you own also have a "books I own" bookmark.  Then, to search your entire owned library, just search by the "books i own" bookmark.  To search in your wish-list books just search by the "wish-list bookmark."

To search by a specific "Book" or "Recipe" bookmark such as "vegetarian" or "gluten free" search by the respective bookmark, and the search will still only show results of specific books/recipes that you assigned that bookmark.  As long as you only place more specific bookmarks on books and recipes you actually own, it should not affect any of your searches.  

It is certainly a little complicated, but it's just a suggestion for anyone who might be interested.