Want to avoid advertising?

Join as Premium member »

Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Adding Tips/Trick/Notes/Recommendations   Go to last post Go to last unread
ntt2
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:11:07 PM(UTC)

There are often things contained in Cookbooks and particularly Cooks Illustrated that I would like to make a note of and be able to reference back.  I thought of adding them as a Personal Recipe but it doesn't really work in that format.  Any suggestions, or is it just not possible at this point?  thanks, nt

Jane
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 03, 2012 11:05:26 PM(UTC)

Can you explain what kind of things they are that wouldn't work as Personal Notes?  Your Personal Note will always appear at the top of the Notes so will be available whenever you want to look at that recipe.  Or if it is information that you think everyone would find useful then just add it as a Note.   What other way are you hoping you can record and access the information?

ntt2
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 11:35:56 AM(UTC)

You can tell I'm still feeling my way around here -- can you search your personal notes?  It occurred to me as I was bookmarking recipes in the Jan Feb 2012 Cook's Illustrated.  On page 2 of Notes from Readers there was a post about Kombu.  I recently purchased Kombu and am unfamiliar with it and thought -- I want to mark where this is so I can find it.  Thanks, nt

Jane
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 12:10:30 PM(UTC)

No, you can't search through Notes.  So I think if you wanted to keep a record of where that reference is you would have to Bookmark the Magazine as either Reference or Kombu and make a personal Note "The explanation of Kombu is on page 2".  Then when you next think, Where was that reference to Kombu?, you can filter by the Bookmark and see where the reference was.

ntt2
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 3:47:59 PM(UTC)

Thanks! nt