Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recipes with the "most buzz" vs highest ratings   Go to last post Go to last unread
Breadcrumbs
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 6:59:39 PM(UTC)

Hi Jane & Fiona,

Thanks for all the latest enhancements to EYB, this is such a remarkable and useful website . . . my absolute favourite place on the www!!!

Could I add something to the wishlist?

I'd love to be able to sort recipes to see which have the most notes or "buzz".  I like the idea of being able to sort by rating but I don't really find the star ratings to be very helpful unless they are accompanied by notes.  

Currently when I sort by ratings, I find that even if one person has rated a recipe w 5 stars and, hasn't added any notes at all, it appears ahead of other recipes w the same rating from numerous people, even if some of those that might have notes as well. 

I'm imagining that if a recipe has a number of notes, it's likely to be really good or, just awful and in either case, I'd find that info quite helpful and would love to be able to sort for those results.  

Thanks so much for such an amazing site!!!

Jane
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:36:36 PM(UTC)

Thanks Breadcrumbs - we're so happy to hear you are enjoying EYB.  And thank you for all the Notes you are adding - hopefully more members will follow your lead.

I think that would be a good sort to have.  I'd also like to add external reviews to the count of EYB Member Notes as we are getting some good reviews on the site and you don't see on the search results that there are Reviews - you have to click through to the tab.

spharo00
#3 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 12:11:38 PM(UTC)

It's a little confusing that when sorting by rating there may be several recipes with five stars but the first may have only one reviewer while the next might have been rated by five people.  It seems that the five star rating with the most number of reviewers should be at the top.  Same with four stars and so on.  If a recipes has been given five stars by twelve people, it's likely a more trusted recipe than the one given five stars by one person alone.  Is this a change we can look forward to seeing in the future? 

Cheri
#4 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 7:54:45 PM(UTC)

I would like to second the motion.  I too would find it very helpful to have the sort by rating impacted by the number of times the recipe has been rated.  I would also love to be able to view recipes by the number of notes.  Thanks!

Jane
#5 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 10:21:12 PM(UTC)

It's going to be easy for us to add a sort by "buzz" which will be in the next release.  We would add notes, reviews and ratings to get the recipes that have the most feedback.

A weighting of the ratings sort is a bit more complicated.  We will probably be able to do it but it may take a bit more time.  Our developers have their hands full right now with a couple of big projects but we have added this to our to-do list.

Jane
#6 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 2:05:20 AM(UTC)

Buzz is now a sort for both Books and Recipes.  They are sorted by a combination of Ratings, Notes & Reviews.  Hopefully this new feature plus the latest Notes and Reviews on the new Home Page will encourage more members to add their comments and ratings.

Cheri
#7 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 8:41:20 PM(UTC)

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this new feature!  I really like seeing the daily posts of people's comments on recipes, it really draws me to more new things.  Thanks, again for such a wonderful site!