Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
How to suggest magazines for indexing?   Go to last post Go to last unread
Deborah
#81 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 12:20:12 PM(UTC)

meghuntwilson, EYB has indexed a few issues of La Cucina Italiana -- in the EYB Library/Magazines, click on the Quick Searches filter and select "La Cucina Italiana" from the list of magazines -- but the magazine has ceased publication as of the January 2014 issue.  If you have backissues and would like to index some yourself, please send us the details on your issues and we'll add them to the Library so you can request to index them. 

AndieG52
#82 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 4:23:01 PM(UTC)

Where did you hear about La Cucina Italiana ceasing publication?

Christine
#83 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 7:05:51 PM(UTC)

I can't say where Deborah heard it, but I actually just picked up the newest issue from the newstand and it is stated in the letter from the editor that it is the last issue. There was not much in the way of explanation, it just said that the news was unexpected.

Deborah
#84 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 8:55:43 PM(UTC)

Jane told me about it just before Christmas; not sure where she found out but probably in the magazine/publishing press. An item was posted in Women's Wear Daily's site on 12/20/13 which stated that the US edition of the magazine was ceasing, but the European-published editions will continue. 

lorie
#85 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 2:49:08 PM(UTC)

I would like to see Chickpea magazine indexed. I realize it probably has low readership, though, so I might be willing to index a few issues myself... it's a quarterly magazine with not too many recipes.

Jane
#86 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 2:57:12 PM(UTC)

lorie - if you want to index it, just email us at info@eatyourbooks with the issue dates you want to do.  If it turns out that a lot of EYB members add it to their Bookshelf, then we will take over the indexing.

SCM
#87 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 1:20:27 PM(UTC)

Lincolnshire Life:  this publication has had some very good recipes.

Thank you

DJM
#88 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 11:59:19 AM(UTC)
I' suggest Midwest Living. Magazine be added to the index.
jtodes
#89 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 8:48:12 AM(UTC)
I am looking forward to Cook's Country being indexed.
CindyinOttawa
#90 Posted : Wednesday, April 02, 2014 11:12:49 PM(UTC)

Just joined this site...amazing! Love that so much of what I own is already here.

As a Canadian, I'd like to echo some of the earlier requests for indexing the key magazines Canadians look to for recipes: Canadian Living, Chatelaine, and Food and Drink (put out by the Ontario Liquor Control Board, but pretty amazing). All have recipe indexing on their websites, but EYB is so much easier to search. To gauge the popularity among Canadians, take a look at the cookbooks (in the EYB library) that Canadian Living (and author Baird), and Chatelaine put out. Many of us buy the magazines as well as the books. So, although I appreciate having so many of my "international" favourites indexed, it would be great to see the best of the Canadian magazines indexed (and I think it would bring more Canadians to your website). 

Curious...do you have a Canadian indexer?

jola_zr
#91 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 1:47:30 PM(UTC)
Real Simple, please!
Deborah
#92 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 9:59:35 PM(UTC)

CindyinOttawa, we've been trying to acquire a Canadian indexer for a while and hope to have someone on board soon.  If you (or any other Canadian members) are interested in exploring the possibility of professional indexing for EYB, please get in touch with me at deborah@eatyourbooks.com and I'll be glad to provide some more information.

robinorig
#93 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2014 11:27:46 PM(UTC)

I'd love to see the new Epicurious Magazine added.

I also just got a magazine I've never seen before called "Foodies of New England"... I have the Winter 2014 issue... not sure what other ones are out there or if it's new... This one is all about Artisan Breads. 

5 Pages«<345