Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Hot Cross Buns   Go to last post Go to last unread
sfcarole
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 12:55:56 PM(UTC)

Anyone know of a great recipe for hot cross buns?  It's still Easter Sunday morning here on the West Coast and I'd love to get started!

Thank you.  Carole

Cati
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 3:35:20 PM(UTC)
There are 12 online hot cross recipes in theEYB library.Hot Cross buns 2 in Chocolate and Zucini is very similar to one I use which works well.
sfcarole
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 08, 2012 4:03:15 PM(UTC)

Thank you, Cati!  I'm going to try that one.  But I may use a different glaze, as she suggests.

Potterhill
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:44:44 PM(UTC)

A little late to the party, but I made the one in The Essential NYT book this year and it was very easy and very good. I have been making HCB on Good Friday for about 29 years now.

Mo

Melanie
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:13:32 PM(UTC)

I'm also late to the game but I'm a big fan of the ones from Australian Gourmet Traveller magazine (available online http://gourmettraveller.com.au/hot_cross_buns.htm). I've made these the last couple of years, but I subsitute a mix of currants and sultanas for the currants. I would love to try more recipes out (although I'm a huge fan of these) - might need to bake throughout the year without a cross to test some others out.

sfcarole
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:08:41 PM(UTC)

I just arrived in Sydney, Australia yesterday, which is why I haven't responded sooner.  Thank you Mo and Melanie!  I really appreciate the leads.  Gourmet Traveller is one of my favorite food mags, and the photo of the HCBs in the linked recipe looks scrumptious.  I might try to bake them while I'm here--hey, the Royal Easter Show is stilll going on!  And we're staying in a small apartment with a decent kitchen.

Doreenpv
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:46:28 PM(UTC)

Ree Drummond also has a great recipe.

sfcarole
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:25:41 PM(UTC)

Thanks, Doreen---I just found the recipe on her blog Pioneer Woman Cooks.  Easter or not, I think HCBs would be the perfect afternoon tea snack!

Carole