Want to avoid advertising?

Join as Premium member »

Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Linking versions of books   Go to last post Go to last unread
Toppermom
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 28, 2012 5:38:21 PM(UTC)

I own the original edition of "The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook", as do 41 other EYB members.  Is it possible to link that edition to the revised edition (owned by 306 members) that has been indexed.  I am sure there are many (most?) recipes that have not been revised.

Thank you.

Toppermom

Jane
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 12:28:02 AM(UTC)

We don't generally link revised versions of books as it can be frustrating for members when they find a recipe they want and they go to their edition and find the recipe isn't there.  I think I need to do some research with the publisher on these editions as I'm not sure how much they have been changed.  I'll post back here when I have some answers.

Or maybe you could compare the recipes in your 2005 edition with the 2006 we have indexed and let us know how much it has been changed.

Toppermom
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2012 7:48:10 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the reply, Jane.  I will take a look and let you know what I discern.

I really love this site and the concept!  Brilliant idea!

Thank you.

Cheri
#4 Posted : Monday, April 30, 2012 1:11:02 PM(UTC)
Is there anyway to provide the existing data set of an indexed book, to compare, amend for another version? This would really speed up the indexing process for one's specific edition....Just asking what your thoughts might beon this