Want to avoid advertising?

Join as Premium member »

Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
How to suggest magazines for indexing?   Go to last post Go to last unread
cremeanglaise
#101 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 5:16:57 AM(UTC)

Elle à table (French edition) please - this is an excellent magazine, but not sure if you are considering non-language titles. A shame as I have a wealth of back-issues and I am always wishing there was an index!

Rinshin
#103 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 5:56:17 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: cremeanglaise Go to Quoted Post

Elle à table (French edition) please - this is an excellent magazine, but not sure if you are considering non-language titles. A shame as I have a wealth of back-issues and I am always wishing there was an index!

I know what you mean.  I am considering using the add your own recipe feature of EYB to start indexing my Japanese language cookbooks.  I think  it might work.  For example, I can type of recipe name and use the source for name of the book.  I currently have as many Japanese language books as English and it's always been a problem for me to locate the Japanese recipes. 

Jane
#102 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 7:38:17 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: cremeanglaise Go to Quoted Post

We aren't planning on doing any non-English magazines at this time.  But it's very easy for you to index them yourself - much quicker than cookbooks.  Because the data cannot be imported from Amazon (magazines don't have unique ISBN numbers like books) we have to add the magazines for you.  Email us at info@eatyourbooks.com if you are interested.

There are several magazines currently being indexed by members - The Simple Things, Food and Travel, Where Women Cook and Heirloom Gardener.

madmacnz
#104 Posted : Friday, September 05, 2014 5:08:29 AM(UTC)

I'd love to see 'New Zealand Healthy Food Guide' please!

And also 'Food', another NZ food magazine put out every couple of months by a supermarket chain - it's great!

goodfruit
#105 Posted : Saturday, September 06, 2014 10:50:56 PM(UTC)

Is there a way to index a few of my old favorite Cooking Lights?  The particular ones I'm wishing was indexed is a Make-Ahead and an Anniversary issued from the 1990's  Or could we just do one or two faves like this ourselves?  

(Says the gal who has not returned to finish indexing her last request ;

Jane
#106 Posted : Saturday, September 06, 2014 11:49:21 PM(UTC)

If any member wants to index an issue of a magazine, contact us at info@eatyourbooks and we will add it to the Library.  You can then request to index it.

Breadcrumbs
#107 Posted : Sunday, September 07, 2014 11:42:10 AM(UTC)

I'd like to add the Fall issue of The Best of Fine Cooking's "Cooking Fresh" magazine to the EYB library.  Sincer prior editions appear as books vs magazines I tried to enter the 10 digit number beneath the bar code on the front of the magazine as an ISBN but I get a msg saying the # is invalid.  It would be great to have this added to the EYB library.

GatorUA
#108 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:18:15 AM(UTC)

I would like to request indexing of the blog Fo Reals Life at www.forealslife.com  I use it frequently and love the recipes.  Thanks!

Jane
#109 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:08:23 PM(UTC)

GatorUA - this topic is for requesting magazines.  Please add your request to the topic Blog Requests. Thanks!

GatorUA
#110 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:48:05 PM(UTC)

Sorry, it's my first venture into the forums.  I'll go look for the blog request area.  Thank you!

Breadcrumbs
#111 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 8:01:59 AM(UTC)

Just a gentle bump of this thread as I don't want my question above regarding "The Best of Fine Cooking" to get missed.

TIA

Jane
#112 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2014 4:49:14 PM(UTC)

Apologies Breadcrumbs for not responding.  Were you wanting to index this magazine?  The 5 issues we have added so far were at the request of a member who wanted to index them.  Because magazines do not have unique ISBN numbers (that number you added from the barcode isn't an ISBN) we have to add all the data manually for every magazine.  So we only add them if we know they are going to be indexed.

afowler
#113 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 12:43:54 AM(UTC)

I live in Australia and would love to have Australia's No. 1 cooking magazine "Super Food Ideas" indexed as they have the most delicious recipes.

IngridO
#114 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:38:50 PM(UTC)

I'm with afowler.  I have issues of Super Food Ideas all the way back to Issue 3.  I was also wondering if Feast Magazine is still being added to the library as I haven't noticed the October 2014 in the listings.

6 Pages«<456