Want to avoid advertising?

Join as Premium member »

Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Where, exactly, are the recipes?   Go to last post Go to last unread
DanJ
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:40:40 PM(UTC)

Am I missing something? I know that the very word "recipe" derives from a list of ingredients but I need some instructions too: specifically, how long to cook the dough for taloa (from Bernard Clayton's classic The Breads of France. Having searched the web, this seemd to be the only site where the info i needed was held. So a few minutes ago I signed up as a free member and searched but can find nothing more than the aforementioned list. Do you only get the full recipe if you subscibe, or is there a hyperlink I have not noticed.

Thanks for your help, in advance.

DJM
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:20:16 PM(UTC)

Eat Your Books provides an index for several thousand cookbooks, magazines and blogs.  It does not provide recipes.

DanJ
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:24:37 PM(UTC)

So OK, I was missing something - thanks.

robm
#4 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 1:00:38 PM(UTC)

EYB is designed to make using your cookbooks easier, not to replace them.  The site is indexing thousands of cookbooks (focusing on the most popular books, for now).  The indexes include the names of the recipes and the list of ingredients.  Once you find a recipe you like that's in a book you own, you can just go directly to that book for the full entry.  EYB is a lifesaver for those of us who have lots of books and can't remember where we saw a particular recipe!

Although EYB itself doesn't contain complete recipes, it's now indexing cooking blogs, as well, and for those it provides links to the complete recipes.  So check out the indexed blogs for lots of complete recipes you may not own already!