Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Website Links   Go to last post Go to last unread
Smittieg
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 3:40:16 AM(UTC)

I have some favourite website links, like JamieOliver.com and BBC Food. Being able to link to specific favourite recipes from original sites like this would make Eat Your Books a one-stop-shop for me.  Is this possible?

While this doesnt' carry the 'purity' of the EYB concept, it might be something to consider to make the service even more valuable.

Jane
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:15:44 AM(UTC)

You can add any online recipe to Eat Your Books using our Bookmarklet.  This is explained in Help/How to.  The recipe goes into the EYB Library so is available to all members and also automatically gets added to your Bookshelf.  We import the basic information - recipe title, URL, date and photo if there is one.  You need to complete the categories and ingredients but this is very straightforward as you are just selecting from drop-down menus in our database.  We do ask that members follow our indexing guidelines as we are trying to keep the quality of all recipes data to the same standards. 

If you would like to see all the online recipes that have been added so far, search the Library, Recipes, with the Online recipes filter selected at top right.  There are currently 47,000 recipes available - this does include online recipes added by EYB through our indexing of blogs.  Though the number of member added recipes is growing fast.  If you search by JamieOliver.com you will see that several recipes have been added from there already.  And there are more than 1,500 recipes from BBC Good Food as we add online links every time we index one of their magazines.

You are quite right that EYB is a one-stop shop - we are the only website in world where you can search for recipes all at once in your cookbooks, magazines, online and your personal recipes (which you can add using our indexing tools).

Smittieg
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:09:02 PM(UTC)

Thanks Jane, I'd missed that capability.  I'm just giving the site a trial but it is fast becoming my go-to spot to find recipes - I'll be here for the long-haul!

Jane
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:59:03 PM(UTC)

Glad to hear it Smittieg - please tell all your family and friends.