Want to avoid advertising?

Join as Premium member »

Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Notes & Reviews not appearing   Go to last post Go to last unread
Breadcrumbs
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:37:40 PM(UTC)

Hi Jane and Fiona,

I added Nigella Lawson's "How to Eat" to my bookshelf however none of the existing notes and reviews for the book are showing up when I look at the book on my bookshelf.  

At first I thought perhaps I'd read the reviews on Amazon but when I went back there, I didn't see the one I'd remembered (for a clementine cake).  Then I came back here and looked in the Library and saw all the reviews and notes but they don't seem to be attached to my edition of the book.  

For some reason I thought that once a book had been indexed all the reviews for the various versions of the book would be combined so we'd have the benefit of all member's reviews not just the ones for our particular edition.  

FYI I just added it today (and had to import my edition).  Might the fact that I imported it have messed something up?

Thanks so much,

sm

Jane
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:04:17 AM(UTC)

None of the Notes and Ratings are shared when books are linked although the recipes are.  We realize this is a failing and we do intend to change the way books are linked in the future.  At present the only feature that is shared is the recipes.  In the future we intend to create "groups", so all information - Notes, Reviews and Ratings will be amalgamated across all editions.

Breadcrumbs
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:49:11 PM(UTC)

Thanks Jane, I appreciate that this would be a priority.

In the interim, would it be possible for you to put a book note in any other versions of the books alerting members that there may be information relevent to the book or the dish we wish to make in another version of the book?  I really value the reviews and notes and I'd hate to miss some.