Welcome to Eat Your Books!
If you are new here, you may want to learn a little more about how this site works. Eat Your Books has indexed recipes from leading cookbooks and magazines as well recipes from the best food websites and blogs.
Become a member and you can create your own personal ‘Bookshelf’. Imagine having a single searchable index of all your recipes – both digital and print!
Fresh Herb Cooking by Linda Dannenberg
Reviews about this book
- ISBN 10 158479061X
- ISBN 13 9781584790617
- Published Jul 02 2001
- Format Hardcover
- Language English
- Countries United States
- Publisher Harry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Imprint Harry N. Abrams, Inc.
Publishers TextFresh herbs evoke images of the countryside and inspire perceptions of freshness, healthfulness, and food rustic and elegantly earthy. People love cooking with herbs, but most don't know how to use even the most common herbs to their fullest flavor.
The 85 easy-to-prepare recipes (from the south of France, the U.S., the Caribbean, Greece, Italy, and other countries) showcase myriad uses for a variety of herbs--from Provencal Tomato Tartelettes to Grilled Striped Bass with Basil Oil and Ginger Salsa to Creme Brulee with Lavender. Some are the creations of top chefs, including celebrated chef Philippe Legendre of the Hotel George V, three-star chef Pierre Gagnaire, and Rocco DiSpirito of New York City's Union Pacific, but many also come form the author's own repertoire.
In addition, there are tips on less common uses for herbs, such as edible garnishes. A glossary, describing the herbs and providing information on what foods they are most compatible with, how to prepare them, and how to store them, completes the book.
Other cookbooks by this author
- Ducasse: Flavors of France, New Edition
- Ducasse: Flavors of France
- Ducasse Made Simple: 120 Original Recipes From the Master Chef Adapted for the Home Chef
- French Country Diaries
- French Country Kitchens
- French Tarts: 50 Savory and Sweet Recipes
- Paris Bistro Cooking
- Paris Bistro Cooking
- Paris Boulangerie Pâtisserie: Recipes from Thirteen Outstanding French Bakeries
- Paris Boulangerie-Patisserie
- Perfect Vinaigrette: Appetizers To Desserts
- True Blueberry: Delicious Recipes For Every Meal