Welcome to Eat Your Books!
If you are new here, you may want to learn a little more about how this site works. Eat Your Books has indexed recipes from leading cookbooks and magazines as well recipes from the best food websites and blogs.
Become a member and you can create your own personal ‘Bookshelf’. Imagine having a single searchable index of all your recipes – both digital and print!
Canal House Cooking, Volume 6: The Grocery Store by Christopher Hirsheimer and Melissa Hamilton
Reviews about this book
- ISBN 10 0982739427
- ISBN 13 9780982739426
- Published Apr 26 2011
- Format Paperback
- Language English
- Countries United States
- Publisher Canal House
Publishers TextCANAL HOUSE COOKING VOLUME N° 6 has just arrived. It is a collection of our favorite recipes, the ones we cook for ourselves, our friends, and our families, using the best that grocery stores have to offer. It is filled with recipes that will make you want to run straight to the grocery store to stock up and start cooking. We are home cooks writing about home cooking for other home cooks. Our recipes are easy to prepare and completely doable for the novice and experienced cook alike. Good cooking relies on good shopping, so we buy smoked fish to make a delicious creamy stew, and plump organic chickens to roast right on the oven rack over potatoes and vegetables. Bunches of fat local asparagus go into our shopping cart-we cook them simply and bathe them in a luscious lemon-butter sauce. We choose hearty escarole and tender young spinach and stock up on bags of frozen peas and fava beans to use in so many ways. We buy succulent rhubarb for an early spring tonic or for an Easter dessert, roasted and spooned over crisp meringues. Canal House Cooking Volume N° 6, The Grocery Store, is the sixth book of our award-winning series of seasonal recipe collections. We publish three volumes per year: Summer, Fall & Holiday, and Winter & Spring, each filled with delicious recipes for you from us. Cook your way through spring, and all that The Grocery Store has to offer, with Canal House Cooking!
A subscription to Canal House Cooking can be made at The Canal House website.
Other cookbooks by this author
- Canal House Cooking Boxed Set - Volumes Nos. 1, 2, & 3: (Volume No. 1 Summer, Volume No. 2 Fall & Holiday, Volume No. 3 Winter & Spring)
- Canal House Cooking Boxed Set - Volumes Nos. 4, 5, & 6: (Volume No. 4 Farm Markets & Gardens, Volume No. 5 The Good Life, Volume No. 6 The Grocery Store)
- Canal House Cooking, Volume 1: Summer
- Canal House Cooking, Volume 2: Fall & Holiday
- Canal House Cooking, Volume 3: Winter & Spring
- Canal House Cooking, Volume 4: Farm Markets & Gardens
- Canal House Cooking, Volume 5: The Good Life
- Canal House Cooking, Volume 7: La Dolce Vita
- Canal House Cooks Every Day
- The San Francisco Ferry Plaza Farmers' Market Cookbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Impeccable Produce Plus 130 Seasonal Recipes