Welcome to Eat Your Books!
If you are new here, you may want to learn a little more about how this site works. Eat Your Books has indexed recipes from leading cookbooks and magazines as well recipes from the best food websites and blogs.
Become a member and you can create your own personal ‘Bookshelf’. Imagine having a single searchable index of all your recipes – both digital and print!
Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals by Karen E. Drummond and Lisa M. Brefere
Reviews about this book
- ISBN 10 047141977X
- ISBN 13 9780471419778
- Published Mar 24 2003
- Format Hardcover
- Language English
- Edition 5
- Publisher Wiley
Publishers TextDefinitive, up-to-date coverage of nutrition
Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals is the essential resource for the most complete, up-to-date information on nutrition and diet. New and expanded material in this Fifth Edition addresses such topics as biotechnology, vitamins, minerals, and organic foods. Many new tables and figures present a broader range of facts on the nutritional value of foods, as well as such timely material as "Food Practices of World Religions" and a "Reduced Calorie Menu for Asian-American Cuisine."
This new edition of Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals features:
* New Dietary Reference Intakes for calories, carbohydrates, fats, proteins, and selected vitamins and minerals
* More "Chef's Tips" highlighting ways to incorporate nutritional knowledge into cooking and menus
* The Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) Diet using the National Cholesterol Education Program 2001 clinical guidelines
* The 2002 American Cancer Society nutrition guidelines
* Up-to-date statistics on overweight and obesity in the United States and the latest information on weight loss, including drugs and surgery
* Updated Hot Topics, which discuss often controversial subjects related to nutrition, and expanded Nutrition Web Explorer activities
Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals is used in certificate courses by the American Culinary Federation and the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, and this Fifth Edition continues to be a bedrock resource for students and professionals in the foodservice industry.
Other cookbooks by this author
- Nutrition Foodservice
- Nutrition For Foodservice And Culinary Professionals
- Nutrition for Foodservice and Culinary Professionals, 4th Edition
- So You Want to Be a Chef: Your Guide to Culinary Careers (Wiley Desktop Editions)
- So You Want to Be a Chef
- So You Want to Be a Chef?: Your Guide to Culinary Careers
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry (Wiley Service Management Series)