Add your own photos to recipes on your Bookshelf

screen shot

Have you ever made a recipe on your Bookshelf that turned out so well that you thought your version should be the image that represents the dish? Or perhaps you have searched for a recipe and found one in a book with no images and you wished that you had a photo of the finished dish for reference. If either of these situations applies to you, you'll love the new feature available to EYB Members - being able to add your own photo to any recipe on your Bookshelf.

The process to add photos is simple: click on any recipe title on your Bookshelf and you will see an "Upload image" button; click on it and follow the simple instructions. You can use an image from your computer or snap a photo with your smartphone and upload it in seconds. The image will appear on your Bookshelf immediately (just refresh the page) and will be available for everyone else to see after we have reviewed it to make sure it is not inappropriate. If there is an official image for the recipe it will appear first, followed by your own photos, then photos of other Members with the most recently added photos first. There is a gallery below the photos that you can scroll through to see them all (see below for an example of multiple photos).

Please remember that this feature is only for your own  photographs, not images from other online sources or from books. All copyright laws apply to the uploading of images to EYB; if you infringe on anyone's copyright you may be held liable for damages (check our Terms & Conditions). We're eager to see photographs from all of our Members, so please start snapping pictures and sharing them with us!

See Darcie's later post about how to take the best food photos with your phone camera.

screen shot

• emiliang  on  9/29/2016 at 6:16 PM

I've been hoping for this feature for such a long time! Thank you!!! So helpful, especially for cookbooks without photos.

• anightowl  on  9/29/2016 at 7:07 PM

Fantastic! What a great new feature. I just uploaded a photo for one my recipes that I took for personal reference (for a cookbook with no photos), and it was unbelievably easy to do. Thanks! :)

• Cati  on  9/29/2016 at 10:46 PM

Is there a similar feature for uploading photos of the covers of books which at present are just showing as knives and forks?

• Jane  on  9/29/2016 at 10:57 PM

Cati - not yet, it's something we plan to add in future.

• sbh2006  on  9/30/2016 at 3:39 AM

Thank you so much for adding this; I photograph many recipes as part of my reviews, and will be sure to upload my photos from now on! What a fantastic resource :-)

• Jane  on  9/30/2016 at 9:57 AM

sbh2006 - please add all the photos you have already taken as well, not just new ones. This is going to be great resource for members to share.

• Foodycat  on  9/30/2016 at 12:19 PM

I've been having a great time with this feature today.

• Seren_Ann  on  10/1/2016 at 5:46 AM

This is something I've always wanted ! EYB is really the cookbook indexing resource I'd been dreaming of for years without knowing it existed. So pleased I found it !

• Rinshin  on  10/1/2016 at 2:12 PM

Love it!

• nicolepellegrini  on  5/12/2017 at 11:45 AM

Wow, how am I only learning of this feature now? I love it! I've been taking photos of my successful cooking endeavors for years...now I can go through my archives to find the best ones to add here.