Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Digital Subscriptions   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:55:02 AM(UTC)

Eatyourbooks is the only cooking related subscription I have right now.

I'm looking at subscribing to NYT cooking. 

Any thoughts on how you allocate your subscription budget? What features are you looking for in a website subscription?

If I subscribed to everything I want to, I wouldn't have enough money for food.

Thanks

#2 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 10:23:06 PM(UTC)
I have the exact same question. I don't know how recently Fine Cooking went to a subscription model, but it is reaching the point where many of the most comprehensive recipe resources require a subscription. I would love recommendations on what would be most useful. It would be easy to spend quite a bit of money on sites and not use them much.

I have been debating New York Times vs Cooks Illustrated, and now Fine Cooking is on the list. Anything else I'm missing? I appreciate any input.
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2019 6:09:53 PM(UTC)

I don't use NY Times.  Not sure what I am missing with them.  I have comprehensive Cooks Iilustrated etc for some time now and use many of their offerings.  I also have Fine Cooking and MilK Street and enjoy both of them very much.  Although I am subscribed to BA, do not watch their videos as they seem a little too flippant - maybe it is my age and my background.  If I had to choose one or two, I would choose cooks illustrated first followed by Milk street.  I seem to use their recipes and watch their videos the most.

#4 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2019 6:17:55 PM(UTC)

Another thing is Cooks illustrated is Americana and Milk street global.  

#6 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 6:25:01 PM(UTC)
I have an NYT subscription w/ the newspaper. I like it because you have access to their complete recipe vault. Craig Claiborne, molly O’Neil etc.
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 8:32:53 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Rinshin Go to Quoted Post
Another thing is Cooks illustrated is Americana and Milk street global. 

Agreed, have really got to enjoy all the various Milk Street media ie youtube, podcasts, books etc here in the UK. Can't ever see myself subscribing to the NYT.