Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
What has happened to Fine Cooking?   Go to last post Go to last unread
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 3:00:28 PM(UTC)

I check Fine Cooking app every few days now  because they keep adding more issues to my library.  I had no idea there were Fast and Fresh separate issues until they started including them.  

#22 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2020 5:49:00 PM(UTC)

Fine Cooking Facebook page posted today that they are working on restoring digital  content. When Meredith publishing bought Fine Cooking they did not tell Taunton Press they planned on never using the digital platform.

#23 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2020 7:30:06 AM(UTC)
I too miss the fabulous magazines that we have lost - Gourmet, Cuisine, now Fine Cooking. I too am disappointed in Saveur. I stopped subscriptions to food and wine & bon appetite because they are no longer to my taste. I expected the move to digital from favorite magazines because of printing costs but Didn’t expect the demise. The quality of content is hard if not impossible to find. Thank heaven for Eat Your Books, has helped me find recipes in the many books I have accumulated over the years.
#25 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2020 10:43:26 PM(UTC)

This is so upsetting. We are coming up on the holidays and one of my most popular blog posts links to one of their recipes. I cannot believe that they would be so unprofessional as to have their archives down like this for this long.

#26 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2020 5:31:03 AM(UTC)

For those of you on Facebook, join the Fine Cooking Community. This was a group created by an enterprising lady to help keep us updated on what was happening to Fine Cooking (after it happened). It has no affiliation with F&W or Meredith ot Taunton. However, you can now find all issues in pdf format under the files tab plus a searchable index was created by members of the group. There is no advertising and it is simply a group sharing cooking information and providing access to past issues. It is very refereshing as a forum.

#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 12:38:50 PM(UTC)

Ok, thanks for sharing. I didn't know this community was on Facebook, so I'll join it. I also miss those magazines and thank you for your recommendation. As for cooking, dear ladies, please give me some advice. Well, I lead a healthy lifestyle and cook only using healthy products. But my family sometimes wants something harmful like french fries or chicken wings with a crispy crust, in a word, fast food. And so I found a review of the best air fryers for a family of 4, do you think I should buy one to cook for my family something from fast food once a week? What would you do?

#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 3:00:16 PM(UTC)

Could any member who joins the Fine Cooking Facebook group please alert them that we have indexed all issues of the magazine back to 2009. We could never get the magazine to write about EYB so it is likely that many subscribers are not aware how useful our index could be for them.

#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2020 3:13:08 PM(UTC)
I’m a member of that group so I will let them know.
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 11:51:57 AM(UTC)

Really off-putting email from the "new" FC this am:

"We recently acquired Fine Cooking from The Taunton Press. While the Fine Cooking newsletters have unfortunately ended, Meredith Corp. has many brands that offer you recipes and cooking inspiration, home and gardening ideas, the best travel deals, and more. Sign up for our newsletters below—we’re happy you’re here!"

Alternative "brands" they're pushing? Allrecipes, EatingWell, Myrecipes...

RIP FC. 😪

#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 10:08:49 PM(UTC)
The Fine Cooking website is back! This was announced on the Fine Cooking Community Facebook page earlier today. I looked at the site and was able to sign in and see my saved recipes.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 10:16:29 PM(UTC)

That is great news. And even better for us, they kept all the same URLs for the recipes so all our links still work. Whew!

#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 10:29:04 PM(UTC)
Wow - all my saved recipes are back! I’m so happy. I really thought they had burned it all down.
#34 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 7:20:40 AM(UTC)

Its true. The Fine Cooking website is back. I had refused to renew the magazine because they were not supporting the website and told them so. I am sure I was not the only one. Maybe they listened.

#35 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 5:38:54 PM(UTC)
Received my NovDec magazne. Again not quite as shiny or big but the editorial staff remains intact with Lisa Kingsley heading it up and all the same names as before. Content seems pretty good.
#36 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 12:10:17 PM(UTC)

We are happy to announce that the links to online recipes for Fine Cooking have been reactivated and you may wish to know that as Meredith Corp bought Fine Cooking from Taunton some links may take you to the BHG (Better Homes and Gardens) site. 

#24 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 3:27:34 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gup Go to Quoted Post
I too miss the fabulous magazines that we have lost - Gourmet, Cuisine, now Fine Cooking. I too am disappointed in Saveur.

Whatever your feelings about it, Saveur is now gone too. At least in print. 

2 Pages<12