Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Adding books to EYB   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 2:09:19 PM(UTC)
I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but recently I purchased some books not in the EYB library and tried to put in the ISBN number to add them. They are pretty common books in Barnes & Noble, and I’m surprised they weren’t in EYB anyways, but even more surprised they were never added. Am I doing something wrong? I know I’ve been able to add books in the past. I don’t have a list of all offhand, but one is:
The Joy of Seafood by Barton Seaver
ISBN 978-1-4549-3810-1
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 5:07:33 PM(UTC)

The issue was that the book is not listed on Amazon, which is where we import our data from. It looks like your edition is a signed book exclusive to Barnes & Noble. Anyway, I have now added it to the Library - https://www.eatyourbooks...7/the-joy-of-seafood-the You will have to add it to your Bookshelf as it does not automatically get added when the book is added manually.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 6:06:00 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jane Go to Quoted Post
The issue was that the book is not listed on Amazon, which is where we import our data from. It looks like your edition is a signed book exclusive to Barnes & Noble. Anyway, I have now added it to the Library - https://www.eatyourbooks...7/the-joy-of-seafood-the You will have to add it to your Bookshelf as it does not automatically get added when the book is added manually.

Thanks. When I have some time, I’ll check for others that may have the same issue and see if those can be added too.

#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 1:25:31 AM(UTC)

Hi Jane - I have books which are also not listed on Amazon but are listed on abebooks.com - is that a souce you would be able to use?   I also have Nadia Lim's "Vegful" for which there is a strange entry on Amazon - is that another book that you would be able to add?  It's ISBN-13 no. is 978-0-473-48852-9.  I can scan and email you the covers and bibliographic details if that would help. Charlotte Burton-Bell (CharlotteBB), Wellington NZ

#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 10:39:14 AM(UTC)

Charlotte - Vegful is in the Library and has been since it was published in 2019 (it has also been indexed by an EYB member). We cannot import book data from Abe Books. We do use it if we are having to add data manually because a member wants to index a book not in the Library.

I found there were several books you had requested that had not imported because Amazon had not added a food or drink tag to the book. We had to add that requirement as we had some menbers importing their entire book catalogs, not just their food and drink books. I have now imported those for you. You can view them by sorting your Bookshelf by Date Added to Library. There was one, The Vogel Bread Cookbook that did not import so I had to add it manually. You will need to add that to your Bookshelf. I could not find cover images online for some of the books. If you want those added, please email a scan or square-on photo of the cover to us at info@eatyourbooks.com.

There are other books you requested that have not imported because they are not listed on Amazon at all. Those we cannot add at this time. We do plan to add a feature that will allow members to import their own book data (as they can for online recipes using the Bookmarklet).

#6 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 5:39:44 PM(UTC)

I am trying to add Delightful Nyonya Treats which is for sale from Amazon. 

#7 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 11:05:48 PM(UTC)

That book had the same issue (no food or drink tag). I have now added it to the Library.