Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Update on status of giveaway prizes   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2022 3:08:27 PM(UTC)

As I have mentioned in several weekly roundups (see the bottom of this topic for links), we have had a difficult time with publicist turnover during the last few years (COVID related); warehouse shortages in terms of workers and shipments; printing and shipment delays, paper shortages and also books being lost at sea. Roughly three weeks ago, I had followed up on 9 months worth of giveaways. One publisher asked that I reformat how I would send the information to them (and I did twice) - I am told that those requests have all now been filed with the warehouses - and that it would be a minimum of 6 weeks to get the books and could be even longer.

I am waiting on review copies of books myself for the last year. Everything is just backlogged.

I received an email from a member who wanted to contact the publish - please do not do that - that will only delay things further as they will have to respond to you, then email me - and could cause them not to do giveaways with us in the future. Prior to the COVID years, we've never had such a problem.

We ask that you 1) continue to patient and 2) if prizes aren't received they just might not be. There are NO guarantees when we do a promotion. The other alternative - sadly - would be to stop doing them at all and I don't think we want that. The promotions are a bonus here at EYB not a part of your membership fees. Again, I sincerely appreciate your patience and understand your frustration. - Please email me jenny@eatyourbooks.com with any concerns.

https://www.eatyourbooks...book-collection-and-more

https://www.eatyourbooks...updates-recipes-and-more