Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Magazine Recipe Nostalgia   Go to last post Go to last unread
#41 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 11:32:23 AM(UTC)

Follow-up to the badly digitized pudding recipe:

The recipe first appeared in Family Circle in 2006, not the 1990's. It was later published online at the Parents magazine website, with an enormous error about the amount of sugar needed (1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar became 1 Tbsp sugar).

The comment threads at Parents are open only to subscribers, and you can subscribe to Parents only if you're a parent or a good liar. Not being either, I sent a correction to the magazine. They sent the "we'll get to it" reply.

This week, after much procrastination, I looked for the recipe on the Parents site, and it wasn't there! No recipes were there - Parents doesn't have a food section anymore. Meredith, which owns Parents and Family Circle, hasn't put the recipe at any other online site AFAIK.

The recipe is in a downloadable PDF cookbooklet but I can't find it anywhere else online.

So I downloaded the cookbooklet, and still having the magazine, I copied the recipe by hand onto an index card.

Magazine hoarding pays off.

The good news is that there are plenty of other recipes for blueberry bread pudding online.

3 Pages<123