Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

I can't work out how to add my own books!   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2022 10:02:13 AM(UTC)

I have spent all day trying to do it...it will add them, but then asks if I want to buy it!

I'm probably missing the point, but I  just can't work it out!

(I am using my mobile phone as I don't have a PC.)

Please help me out!

#2 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2022 10:21:00 AM(UTC)

Hi Vix3en - I see you have already added three books to your Bookshelf. Are you expecting to get the full contents of every cookbook that you add to your Bookshelf? That is not the service we offer. EYB is a search engine of the recipes within cookbooks and food magazines - we help you find the recipe you want in your own collection of cookbooks and magazines and you then get the full recipe from the book or magazine. There are also 370,000+ recipes where you can cloick the Online Recipe link to get the full recipe.

If you would like further details, check out About Eat Your Books in Help.

#3 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2022 3:47:27 PM(UTC)

This thread probably should have been in the forum for "Site Help, Tips & Tricks". I just had a question about the new feature though ... is it possible to see which books in our collection were manually added? Because it was well over a year ago that I tried to import Spiralize It, but it failed to import, and I just noticed that it finally appeared in my collection today. I guess either Amazon finally added a book/drink tag or perhaps chefcharlene or LLuAnn (the only other people on EYB who catalogued it) added it--because I didn't. But thank you, Whomever!

#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2022 11:17:35 AM(UTC)

I'm so sorry whitewoods - somehow I missed your question. You cannot see which books were manually added for the entire Library. Though you can reasonably assume that any newly added books in the Library that are not new or upcoming books have been added by members either using Import Books or the new Member Added Books feature. 

You can view the books that you added or tried to add using Import Books. Click 'My Added Books' under the My Bookshelf tab. You can then select three filters on the right of the green search bar - Imported (all the books you personally added to the Library), OnAmazon (books you tried to add but could not import as Amazon had neglected to add a food or drink tag), and NotOnAmazon (books you tried to import but could not as Amazon does not list them). Any of the last two categories can now be added to the Library using the new Member Added Books feature.

You are correct about Spiralize It! - it could not be imported. But when LLuAnn added it manually, it also got added to the Bookshelves of any other member who had imported the ISBN in the past.