Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

#1 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 8:30:27 AM(UTC)

Seems like most times I read the forum section there are posts from spambots. 

Is it feasible to deny access to posting in forums unless you have books on your bookshelf? All the spambots I've noticed have zero books. 

Just a thought!

#2 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 10:34:25 AM(UTC)

As I noted on a prior post, I have asked our developers to look at ways to make it more onerous for spammers to post - e.g. cannot post until 5 days after joining, must have books on their Bookshelf, etc. We should have a solution soon. I do check the Forum as soon as I start work and delete all spam posts on the Forum and blog and also delete that member. But they keep coming!

#3 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2022 12:25:51 PM(UTC)

Just noticed a spate of brand new spam posts.  It got me wishing there were a "report this post" function.  It would allow whoever has the ability to delete posts to immediately see at least some of the problematic posts on the forum.  It could also serve as a way to collect examples of spam for the development team to test their ideas on.

#4 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2022 1:10:05 PM(UTC)

I always check the Forum as soon as I start work and remove spam post so having a "report this post" function wouldn't add to the speed of the post being removed. Just had a later start today with it being the weekend. We don't need examples of spam for our developers to come up witha solution - they are standard posts. Today's are all now removed and the member deleted.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 12:39:39 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jane Go to Quoted Post
I always check the Forum as soon as I start work and remove spam post so having a "report this post" function wouldn't add to the speed of the post being removed. Just had a later start today with it being the weekend. We don't need examples of spam for our developers to come up witha solution - they are standard posts. Today's are all now removed and the member deleted.

I see two spambots in the forumtoday

#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 1:47:44 PM(UTC)

Thanks. You don't need to post in the Forum saying there is spam as I'll see the spam when I next check the Forum, at the same time I see your post.

#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 10:57:36 PM(UTC)

Did somebody (or some bot) just try to post a spam message under "Picky eating"?

#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2022 8:54:04 AM(UTC)

bittrette - yes, they did and I deleted it.