What's your favorite reason to use EYB? Here's some of mine:
- when you have some miscellanous ingredients in your fridge that you want to use
- when your CSA box was overflowing with a particular ingredient and you're looking for a new twist on that
- when you'd like to try an ingredient that you've never used before
- when you have a taste for something but don't already have a go-to recipe
- when you've had something at a restaurant and want to make something like it
- when you are trying to put together a party
- to keep track of recipes that you've made and REALLY liked
The great thing is that every one of these reasons has a story.
In fact, just this afternoon I was looking for something to do with the enormous quantities of cabbage that my CSA is providing, and I found a recipe in a Spanish cookbook that is the most freaking incredible cole slaw I ever had. That was a hit on several of the reasons above: too much of something, in a book I wouldn't have looked in, with a result that is a "keeeper", and on top of everything else it will be a hit at the next family get-together. BINGO!!