Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<678
What odd or especially useful kitchen gadget do you love?   Go to last post Go to last unread
#143 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2023 9:32:43 AM(UTC)

I love my OXO digital scales. They go up to 11lbs, have digital and imperial weights, easy tare reset to zero and a pull-out display (useful when a large bowl is on the scale). Definitely not the cheapest around but I've had mine for many years and no issues at all with it.

#144 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2023 11:20:54 AM(UTC)
I agree with Jane about the OXO digital scales. I have had mine forever and it is extremely easy and efficient to use. I watched a friend struggle with her Sharper Image digital scale and wondered why she even bothered with it. It wasn’t user friendly at all and kept turning off while a group of us were doing a cheeseball project that required weighing multiple amounts of cheese. Those with OXO scales just sailed through while she was fussing with her scale.
#145 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2023 2:35:04 PM(UTC)
I'm in the UK, and my scales are Soehnle, because the digital display is exceptional clear, and I've also used their scales in labs and clinics

The OXO ones look good, the thing is to get one on which the tare function is easy to use, so you can just keep tapping to re-zero, no arithmetic required
#146 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2023 8:39:38 PM(UTC)
Several years ago I read in one of my cookbooks that I should use a clean wine cork when making thumbprint cookies so I gave it a try and realized that it was much easier and gave better results than using my thumb. Since then I’ve kept a cork from white wine in my baking drawer. This past weekend I found another use for my trusty cork. I was making tiny tartlets and was pre-baking them when I noticed they were puffing in odd places. I tried using my tart tamper tool but it was too big. Looking around for something else to quickly reshape my little tart shells I grabbed my wine cork and it was the perfect shape and size to push the dough back into shape.
#147 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2023 8:45:42 AM(UTC)

How about a thimble - I've seen that recommended.

8 Pages«<678