Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Restaurant Recommendations Ireland   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2024 6:14:35 PM(UTC)

Traveling to Iceland and Ireland in May/June. I'm looking for restaurant recommendations in the following locations: Reykjavik, Dublin; Kerry in general, but particulary Dingle peninsula, Kerry ring peninsula, Bantry Bay and Killarney; and Kilkenny.

I have the recommendations from Somebody Feed Phil for Reykjavik and Dublin, but I'm happy to hear seconds or disputes of those.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2024 9:55:35 AM(UTC)

I'll also follow this post with interest as I'm planning to visit the west coast of Ireland in the next couple of years. A place I really liked in Dublin (and it has also been enjoyed by friends who visited on my recommendation) is Fade Street Social. A couple of gastro pubs I've read good reviews of but not visited are The Legal Eagle and L. Mulligan Grocer

It doesn't sound like you are getting to Cork but if you do then Paradiso is great - vegetarian. We have all Denis Cotter's books in the Library.  Ballymaloe House Hotel is nearby too - the farm shop is worth a visit. All of Darina Allen's's books are also in the Library. Plus those of her daughter-in-law Rachel Allen and her brother Rory O'Connell

#3 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2024 10:07:54 AM(UTC)
My understanding is that Cotter himself is no longer cooking in Paradiso, but you still have to book months in advance if possible, and may not get in.

I'd just generally comment that in Ireland it's nearly always good to eat in the pub, especially at lunch time, and the midday meal is often the main one, and the best deal. My only problem with this is attempting to eat more Irish portions after an Irish breakfast (with black pudding and white pudding of course).
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2024 1:47:17 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: StokeySue Go to Quoted Post
I'd just generally comment that in Ireland it's nearly always good to eat in the pub, especially at lunch time, and the midday meal is often the main one, and the best deal.

We'll be getting plenty of that. We are spending a week doing a walking tour down on the Dingle peninsula, where we basically walk between little villages, with our luggage shuttled ahead for us. That week, all our meals will be in the little village pubs and some days boxed lunches as we are between places. We are 2 nights in Dingle at either end of the walk, which has a few nice places, including one BibGourmand rated.

#5 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2024 1:42:52 PM(UTC)
That sounds great Fyretigger!