Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ricardo Canada's Cooking Magazine   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 6:44:10 AM(UTC)

Are there any other Canadian members out there that would like to see Ricardo indexed? If you haven't checked out his magazine ...do..informative, good reading and great recipes.

#2 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 7:28:03 PM(UTC)

I have contacted the magazine twice regarding us indexing the magazine and they have not responded. If any EYB member would like to see it indexed and is a subscriber to the magazine, please contact them and tell them how helpful it would be for you. We will need them to supply us with back issues.

#3 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 9:57:58 PM(UTC)
I would like to see his two slow cooker recipe books indexed. They are both full of excellent recipes, but the second one has only been published in French so far. I have a few of his magazines, and have always had great results with his recipes.
#4 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 3:30:28 PM(UTC)

I just wrote to them in french, suggesting they contribute at least the english versions of their books and magazines. I'll post here if I receive a reply.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:22:10 PM(UTC)
The second book has since been published in English, I would love to have them indexed. Hope you hear from them!
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 10:26:39 AM(UTC)

I agree - Ricardo is my favourite magazine, and his cookbooks, expecially the slow cooker ones, are amazing. I'm off for a few months following knee surgery next week, and if they aren't already indexed by the time I'm up to it, I'll index the slow cooker books (user indexed). Will start there...

#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:59:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CindyinOttawa Go to Quoted Post
<p>I agree - Ricardo is my favourite magazine, and his cookbooks, expecially the slow cooker ones, are amazing. I'm off for a few months following knee surgery next week, and if they aren't already indexed by the time I'm up to it, I'll index the slow cooker books (user indexed). Will start there...</p>

That would be great Cindy! Good luck with the op.
#8 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2017 12:52:35 PM(UTC)

I've applied to index Ricardo's first slow cooker cookbook, in English. I just have to wait for for EYB to accept my request, and then I'll get started.

#9 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2017 4:18:27 PM(UTC)
Looking forward to having them indexed, they are such useful books, especially at this time of year. I hope the op went well, and indexing will keep you busy while you are off work!
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:35:16 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your kind wishes, Raybun. I started indexing but found it tough to sit for too long indexing. I'll be heading back to work soon, so my slow cooker books will be used even more. I'll get these two books indexed within the next month. Sorry about the delay, folks.

Cindy

#11 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 9:41:14 AM(UTC)

I sent another email yesterday and receved a reply this morning - they said they'd look into it. Fingers crossed!

#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:49:12 PM(UTC)
I emailed Ricardo magazine quite some time ago now and never received a reply. I'm going to contact them again tonight.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 5:53:59 AM(UTC)
Almost 2 weeks and no response from Ricardo
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2019 6:10:25 PM(UTC)

They are ceasing publication in English this year.

https://www.thestar.com/...guage-food-magazine.html