If you have the book, you can find the page that the recipe is on.
But if you don't know that you want to use that recipe, or if you don't even know you HAVE that recipe ... well, that's where EYB comes in. EYB is a brilliant tool that allows you to look into your recipe collection (all the books, personal recipes, and online items) quickly, easily and accurately, even if you've got thousands of recipes in your collection.
It is incredibly useful at these kinds of times:
- when you have some miscellanous ingredients in your fridge that you want to use
- when your CSA box was overflowing with a particular ingredient and you're looking for a new twist on that
- when you'd like to try an ingredient that you've never used before
- when you have a taste for something but don't already have a go-to recipe
- when you've had something at a restaurant and want to make something like it
- when you are trying to put together a party
- to keep track of recipes that you've made and REALLY liked
And probably a zillion other scenarios. Jane, you should start a contest about "what's your favorite reason to use EYB"!