Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

#1 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:28:05 PM(UTC)

I'm trying to go through the EYB categories methodically to understand them. I don't use them as much as I should because I get unexpected results i.e. unexpected to me not errors. My current puzzlement: Salsas and Tacos: The Santa Fe School of Cooking was recently indexed as "American South". I have never thought of Southwest cooking as "Southern" ... rather it is a mixture of Mex-Tex, Mexican, and Western with heavy use of meat. I think of Southern cooking as a mixture of English, African, Cuban, Carribean, French, Creole, Cajun ... with heavy use of seafood. Obviously, EYB has a different division which I need to understand. How is American South defined to include the Southwest?

#2 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:14:03 PM(UTC)

I'm reminded of that line from the song "Let's call the whole thing off"  ! Sometimes the reasoning escapes me too ;-)

#3 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:09:51 PM(UTC)

mjes, the 2006 edition of Salsa and Tacos recently showed up at the top of the Indexed books in the EYB Library because we just copied the index from the new 2019 edition over to the 2006 book and then proofread and repaginated it. However, we missed correcting the mis-categorization of the 2006 book as American South, which was a carryover from when it was added to the EYB Library in 2010. I've now corrected it to American and Mexican. Thanks for catching that!

#4 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:22:54 PM(UTC)

Ask, and someone will give a good explanation. Thanks for correcting this.

#5 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 2:37:50 PM(UTC)

Regarding book categories, I just noticed in my collection that one book is categorized as "Cooking ahead" under Cooking methods, and that same title plus another are categorized as "Cooking ahead" under Occasion/Cooking for ... I know this has come up before where "Vegan" was showing up in two different places. Is this another duplication in the category hierarchy? I just thought I'd mention it.

#6 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 9:30:16 PM(UTC)

Unfortunately sometimes the category tags get misapplied when the data imports from Amazon. I have now corrected the few books that had Cooking ahead and Vegan in the wrong category.

#7 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 9:47:39 PM(UTC)

Okay, thanks. I see now that it wasn't just two books in my collection--it was actually three different titles. But now, at least, I can see them all together.