Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Possible improvements.   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 6:03:37 AM(UTC)
Not sure about anyone else but I wouldn’t purchase book based purely on a couple of recipes. I definitely think that giving a more rounded view of the book would be a positive move. Dare I say it but Amazons “Look Inside” is pretty good (most of the time!)
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:16:26 AM(UTC)

Amazon has a lot more sway with publishers than we do. We can't even get all publishers to provide the 3 recipe Preview. But we keep plugging away, getting more enrolled all the time. For books that are indexed you can see the full recipe listings, something Amazon's Look Inside does not provide.

#3 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 3:44:50 PM(UTC)

I've become very unhappy with the Amazon digital previews, "Look Inside".  Books of text, OK, maybe.  But the previews of the first pages of a cookbook are usually the Pantry Items, Measurements, etc.  You know, the stuff you never read and whip through in order to get a look at recipes and pictures.  Worse yet, new publications on Amazon usually offer ONLY the Kindle preview; hard copy print "Look Inside" is seldom available.  

For new cookbooks in which I might be interested, it usually means flipping back to EYB to see if there are any reviews of the new book or at a minimum, the EYB indexed contents. 

#4 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 12:55:37 PM(UTC)

I agree, Rivergait!

Amazon's previews really don't give much of a sense of what is inside the book, not even the index pages (which can give a sense of what is inside the books as well). 

Jane, I so appreciate being able to look at the recipe index of books I am considering on EYB, it helps me decide which books I am interested in. 

Amazon's business practices have become so off-putting to me that I won't buy from them anymore.