Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

I cooked 22 new recipes in the month of May and June.   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 12:57:07 PM(UTC)

I had to tell everyone, that's the most I've ever cooked. They were mostly from Ama, Cravings, Dappled and Four and Twenty Blackbirds. There's something about pies that makes me obsessive. 

#2 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 6:25:34 PM(UTC)

Congratulations! And I see that you added almost that many notes during the same time period. That's good. Aside from cooking up ready-made meatballs, I've done virtually no cooking since March because I've been taking advantage of the free school meals in N.Y.C.

#3 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 8:42:02 PM(UTC)
Congrats smokeydoke!!!! You SHOULD shout that out :) Since I joined EYB, I have really tried to "cook from my books" and to try LOTS of new things (some were awesome ....some not :). One thing that stands out to me now is this....I am much less fearful of trying totally new flavours & techniques AND much better at understanding how to apply the knowledge I've gained and what changes / substitutions will likely work. Much of that knowledge & confidence has come not only from my own experiences but also from reading other people's comments re what THEY did that did and didn't work.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 8:12:26 AM(UTC)

Congrats! I've been ploughing through my want-to-make list too. EYB is really invaluable when it comes to making it easy and motivating to cook lots of new recipes from your cookbook collection.

#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 4:53:53 PM(UTC)

That is a real achievement! Brava

Since 'lockdown' started I have been obsessively recording our dinners and grocery runs. In 110 days we have cooked at home 98 dinners (some were left overs or fend for yourself). I have cooked 27 new to me recipes during this 4 month saga; most were successful with only 2 big disappointments (both pasta dishes from Food52). There were only a few repeats, Zuni roast chicken and cod with peas as meals from the freezer. The cookbook I am loving right now is Jubilee.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 4:54:07 PM(UTC)

So many recipes to try! There's been a new rule in my kitchen since Covid hit .. avoid repitition/rotation.. 100 days, 100 different evening meals- some good, some not so.. but each different!