Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cookbook "cooking from" communities   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2021 9:42:45 AM(UTC)

Hi EYB, I'm looking for some suggestions for online communities that are "cooking from" a variety of cookbooks. I like to tackle a favorite book or two at a time, making recipes, taking photos, jotting notes. I don't necessarily want something synchronized like an of-the-month club, but just a way to join into the collective wisdom around a particular book in a way that offers some community back-and-forth. There are a few possibilities, but I still feel like I'm missing where the action is.

Here's what I've found:

There must be many folks cooking from the more popular cookbooks of the moment, but where is it all happening online? Have I missed a great source above? Is it all scattered on Facebook/Instagram in some way that makes it hard to find?

Thanks EYB!

#2 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2021 2:52:01 PM(UTC)

Every month Jenny does a roundup of all the cookbook clubs she can find online. Most, if not all, of these clubs will focus on a limited number of books. I'm not sure you will find anything with a wide range as it will be hard for any community to get members engaged if the remit is too wide. I would suggest you maybe try reactivating our Cooking along with... Forum topics - maybe start new ones for authors you would like to dig deeper on. And don't forget that our Notes are a great way for you to learn from other members and share your experiences on recipes you cook (though they don't have the back-and-forth engagement that it seems you are looking for).

#3 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 4:35:10 AM(UTC)

The EYB club has  a nice choice of cookbooks but my favorite cookbooks often come from great british chefs cookbook club 

It seems to match my taste the best ... well, the chocolate cookbook was a dud for me but then I'm not fond of chocolate.

#4 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 8:11:27 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: mjes Go to Quoted Post
The EYB club has  a nice choice of cookbooks but my favorite cookbooks often come from great british chefs cookbook club 

It seems to match my taste the best ... well, the chocolate cookbook was a dud for me but then I'm not fond of chocolate.

mjes, it's nice to hear from you! It has been a long time since you posted, I always enjoy your notes.

#6 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 3:43:49 PM(UTC)

Hi! in Facebook you have a rather active group that might interest you

#5 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 10:52:25 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Barb_N Go to Quoted Post
mjes, it's nice to hear from you! It has been a long time since you posted, I always enjoy your notes.

Thank you for the compliment - it encourages me to finish up a project and get back to EYB