Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Export, API, sync, or similar - for use with other recipe sites   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 8:56:35 PM(UTC)

I've seen people mention Plan to Eat (plantoeat.com) in connection with EYB elsewhere on the forum, but always as an either/or situation. I'd like to be able to bulk-export data from EYB so that I can include my book recipes in the planner/shopping functions in PTE. I don't know if that would mean an html or excel export, an API, or something entirely different, but I wish the two websites I use most could talk to each other somehow! At the least I'd like to get the book title, author, and recipe title - even better to get the ingredient list. 

Import options on PTE are html, json, and csv, among others.

I've used the PTE bookmarklet for individual EYB recipe pages, but it takes FOREVER to get through a book by tagging each individual recipe with the book it comes from!

#2 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 7:06:17 AM(UTC)

The recipes database that EYB has created (almost 2 million recipes) has taken a huge amount of time and money so we are not keen to allow members to export that data into other programs. I'm not sure what would stop someone paying $3 for a one month membership, create their Bookshelf then export all the recipe data for their books and cancel their EYB membership.

Instead we are planning to greatly imrpove our own meal planning and shopping list functions on EYB. The first step we are working on now is to greatly improve the import of online recipe data, including all ingredients and ingredient quantities. This will apply to our blogs/websites/newspaper columns as well as member added recipes using the Bookmarklet. We hope this will be completed in the next couple of months and we will then develop the meal planning and shopping list functions. We will put up a post here in the Forum asking members for input on what features they would want to see.