Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Adding my purchased magazines   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 7:00:57 AM(UTC)

Hi all, just getting around to using my 3 year old subscription! But can't find out how to "prove" I own a magazine and so have all the recipes showing. Thanks in advance. C

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 10:23:13 AM(UTC)

Hi Carolyn - welcome and glad to hear you are now making use of your subscription. But I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the service we provide. EYB is a search engine for the recipes in your own collection - your cookbooks, magazines and favourite online recipes. You use our search to find the perfect recipe and we direct you to the print source or provide an Online Recipe link. We would not be able to reproduce all the recipes from cookbooks and magazines as that would be a breach of the publishers' copyright.

Most magazines do reproduce the majority of their content on their websites and we link to all those recipes. So the full recipe is just one click away.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 2:33:28 PM(UTC)

Thanks Jane, that does answer my hope to get rid of the paper. So how do I find the url?? 

Also, does that then mean all recipes in magazines are free to me now and I don't have to purchase them to get the recipes? 

Apologies if I am being dim! Kind regards, C

#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 4:16:34 PM(UTC)

Carolyn, you search for the magazines you own under the Library tab (click on Library and then select Magazines, then type in the name of the magazine) from the home page. Not all magazines are indexed, so you might find some of your searches don't come up with anything.  When you've found a magazine that you own, add it to your bookshelf by clicking on the blue 'add to bookshelf' button.  That magazine is then in your library and you can search it for recipes, add notes to those recipes etc... just like you do with cookbooks.  As Jane says, some of the magazine recipes are also online and links to the relevant url are given next to the recipe listing.