Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Search in my bookshelf ... strange results   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 3:27:11 AM(UTC)

Did a search in my bookshelf in recipes, (114,412  recipes for "main course" (filter - 41,501  recipes ), with "harissa" in search bar... gave me 350 results... and it includes online recipes from books that I know I  have never added.... .. they were online recipes but I have definitely NOT added them ;-) 

from My Kitchen: Casual Cooking at Home 

from Half Baked Harvest

from Martha Stewart Living Magazine, August 2012: The Summer Travel Issue

from Masterchef Australia by Matt Moran

Weird

#2 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 6:15:16 AM(UTC)
Funny you posted this - something similar happened to me too yesterday. I was looking up osso buco recipes & a couple of online recipes from books that I don’t own sprung up in the search results that I’m sure weren’t there on my last search a month or so ago. I thought I must have added them in my ‘twins-who-never-sleep’-induced sleep deprivation of the last year but I really had no recollection. It would have been out of character for me, as I much prefer using recipes from my own cookbook collection.
#3 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2021 10:46:47 PM(UTC)

It's always so hard to know what these issues may be caused by. They are so random and don't follow any pattern. If other members find it is happening, please post here with some examples of recipes you have found on your Bookshelf that you are sure you did not add.

#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 10:04:51 AM(UTC)

I tried "harissa" for my recipes and got results from 3 books on my shelf and one from a book that is not on my shelf

How to Eat: The Pleasures and Principles of Good Food (USA) by Nigella Lawson

#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 10:59:36 AM(UTC)

Apologies I wasn't clear enough. I need the URL of the recipe in your Bookshelf recipe search results that you believe you have never added.

#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 5:26:08 PM(UTC)

Jane .. mine were as follows: (click the number)!

#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 10:51:35 AM(UTC)

I will get our developers to look at how and when those recipes were added to your Bookshelf.

#9 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 11:27:47 PM(UTC)

I can understand your dismay @debkellie Who would choose a Pete Evans book these days?

#10 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 2:14:50 AM(UTC)

@EmmaJaneDay .. sad but true .. there were some good recipes from the Evan's stable  once upon a time!!

#11 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2021 6:08:53 PM(UTC)

Apologies for delay in my reply. Our developers cannot track when the recipes were added to your Bookshelves as we do not log dates of additions to Bookshelves - books or recipes. It is possible we could add that feature. Though I'm not sure how much it would help you to know when the recipe was added, since you are sure you did not add them. In our system, the only way an individual recipe can be added to a Bookshelf is by the signed-in member clicking the blue +Bookshelf button or by importing a recipe using the Bookmarklet. Recipes cannot just be imported to a Bookshelf. This isn't an issue that anyone else has reported is happening to them. But please do let us know if you feel it is still happening and we can investigate further.

#12 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 4:41:39 PM(UTC)

You can also download a CSV list of your _Eat Your Books_ bookshelf to more easily find errant entries.

https://support.eatyourb...ting-your-search-results

Jane, thanks again for getting this feature added.