Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mocktail and alcohol-free drinks   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2022 1:28:42 PM(UTC)

Darcie's recent blog post about dry January got me wondering about cookbooks that have good alcohol-free drink recipes. Does anyone have book recommendations, either cookbooks or cocktail books, that include interesting drinks? David Lebovitz's Drinking French has some nice recipes that work either added to cocktails or with sparkling water. I love his Blackberry Shrub and Rich fresh ginger syrup with selzer. 

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2022 4:27:11 PM(UTC)
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2022 2:43:53 PM(UTC)

I have this book: How to Drink Without Drinking by Fiona Beckett I've made a few recipes from it so far and they have been good. 

#4 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 12:22:15 PM(UTC)

I have two books that I love.

Zero Proof is the far more accessible of the two. 

Zero is really expensive and complicated, but for me it's worth it. Most of the recipes have 10-20 ingredients and involve making 3-4 different components, all of which sounds insane, but the drinks are delicious and really interesting and for me fun to make.

#5 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 12:52:31 PM(UTC)

Thanks for all the suggestions! I've order Mocktails and am going to try to get some of the others from the library to take a look. (It's too bad none of these are indexed yet in EYB!) 

Zero by Grant Achatz looks beautiful and interesting. I'm contemplating splurging and getting it. @cmaidhof, does Zero have a lot of unusual ingredients you have to track down, or is it just that there are a lot of ingredients and a lot of labor involved? 

#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 10:00:58 AM(UTC)

I know you are looking for a book but Ritual Zero Proof's website has lots of ideas for non-alcoholic drinks. www.ritualzeroproof.com

#7 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 12:18:30 PM(UTC)

I am going to chime in with a not-a-book suggestion as well. Seedlip nonalcholic spirits has an epamphlet that uses their products.  My son is particularly enamored of the Spice version and enjoys playing around with it.  They aren't cheap, but he thinks the Spice is worth it.

Zephy