Forum

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Best Greek cookbook?   Go to last post Go to last unread
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2022 9:18:48 PM(UTC)
Hi there! I love Greek food and have some Mediterranean-ish cookbooks , but would love a great Greek cookbook. I don’t eat meat but I do eat fish so would prefer a book with lots of seafood recipes rather than pure veg, but if there’s a vegetarian book you love I’d welcome that as well. I’d also like something that’s not overly complicated—I’m a pretty able cook, but I’d prefer a book with recipes that can be weeknight fare rather than a Sunday feast. Any suggestions? Thanks!
#2 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2022 4:25:26 PM(UTC)

Under the Olive Tree is quite popular and very good. I personally like Food From Many Greek Kitchens by Tessa Kiros but then I'm fond of nearly all her works. The best recipes, however, come from my late mother-in-law, raised in Greece with a Greek father and a French mother.

#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2022 8:10:30 AM(UTC)

I am vegetarian, and love Diane Kochilas's books. She has one called The Greek Vegetarian.

#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2022 11:36:00 AM(UTC)

Look at The Complete Book of Greek Cooking put out by the recipe club of Saint Paul's Greek Orthodox Cathedral. My wife's Yaya went there so I know the recipes are authentic.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2022 12:19:19 PM(UTC)

I like to recommend a book published in 2009, Vefa's Kitchen, has lots of seafood recipes. No kindle.  Another one by the same author later published in 2017 titled Greece, the Cookbook is a good choice. 

#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2022 3:45:07 PM(UTC)

Rinshin - those two books by Vefa Alexiadou are actually the same book.

#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 17, 2022 6:08:14 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jane Go to Quoted Post
Rinshin - those two books by Vefa Alexiadou are actually the same book.

thanks Jane.