Welcome to Eat Your Books!
If you are new here, you may want to learn a little more about how this site works. Eat Your Books has indexed recipes from leading cookbooks and magazines as well recipes from the best food websites and blogs.
Become a member and you can create your own personal ‘Bookshelf’. Imagine having a single searchable index of all your recipes – both digital and print!
The Bon Appétit Cookbook by Barbara Fairchild and Bon Appétit Magazine Editors
Reviews about this book
- ISBN 10 0764596861
- ISBN 13 9780764596865
- Linked ISBNs
- Published Sep 15 2006
- Format Hardcover
- Page Count 816
- Language English
- Countries United States
- Publisher John Wiley & Sons
- Imprint Hungry Minds Inc,U.S.
Celebrate 50 years of wonderful food!
Bon Appétit has been America's favorite food and entertaining magazine for decades, celebrating the culinary experience with recipes that have made cooking both a pleasure and a triumph for generations of home cooks.
Now, for the first time, Bon Appétit brings together more than 1,200 of the magazine's all-time, best-loved recipes for every meal and occasion. These recipes represent the very best of the magazine's sophisticated, foolproof style: easy-to-make dishes that incorporate a variety of regional and international influences - recipes that are delicious the first time out. Like Bon Appétit itself, The Bon Appétit Cookbook is, as Editor in Chief Barbara Fairchild puts it, approachable, relevant, and fun. From Cajun-Grilled Shrimp to Artichoke and Mushroom Lasagna to Hot and Sticky Apricot-Glazed Chicken to Molasses Chewies with Brown Sugar Glaze, you will find dishes to tempt every palate.
The book is accessible and easy to use, and includes engaging headnotes and clear explanations along with nearly sixty illustrations of ingredients and techniques. You will also find invaluable tips, techniques, and advice from the experts at Bon Appétit. Throughout the book, they share test kitchen secrets in how-tos that demystify and simplify more than three dozen techniques - such as deveining shrimp, cutting corn off the cob, and frosting a layer cake.
Complete with thirty-two pages of gorgeous color photographs to tempt and inspire, The Bon Appétit Cookbook is a must for those who truly love to make and enjoy great food. Whether you're a novice cook or a seasoned expert, it is a book you will turn to again and again - for reference, for ideas, and, of course, for terrific recipes. Here's to making everything you cook a delight to prepare and a joy to eat: Bon Appétit!
Other cookbooks by this author
- Best of Bon Appetit
- The Best of Bon Appétit: A Collection of Favorite Recipes from America's Leading Food Magazine
- Bon Appetit: The Christmas Season
- Bon Appetit - Weekend Entertaining
- Bon Appetit 30-minute Main Courses: Over 200 Simple and Sophisticated Recipes
- Bon Appetit American Regional Favorites
- Bon Appetit Appetizers
- Bon Appetit Beef Veal Lamb and Pork
- Bon Appétit Celebrations Deck: 50 Recipes for Special Parties and Happy Holidays All Year Long
- Bon Appetit Christmas: Entertaining, Holiday Baking, Gifts from the Kitchen
- Bon Appetit Christmas
- The Bon Appetit Cookbook
- The Bon Appetit Cookbook: Fast Easy Fresh
- The Bon Appetit Cookbook Calendar
- Bon Appetit Country Cooking
- Bon Appétit Desserts: The Cookbook for All Things Sweet and Wonderful
- Bon Appetit Dinner Party Cookbook
- Bon Appetit Entertaining with Style
- Bon Appetit Entertaining with Style
- Bon Appetit Every Night
- Bon Appetit Fast Easy Fresh Boxed Set
- The Bon Appétit Fast Easy Fresh Cookbook
- Bon Appetit Holidays
- Bon Appétit Outdoor Entertaining
- Bon Appetit Summer & Winter Cookbook
- Bon Appetit: Keep It Simple: Easy Techniques for Great Home Cooking
- Breads (Cooking With Bon Appetit)
- Favorite Restaurant Recipes
- The Flavors of Bon Appetit: Featuring the Best Recipes for Entertaining Friends and Family Throughout the Year (Volume 3)
- Flavors of Bon Appetit: 1994
- Flavors of Bon Appetit: Volume 3
- Flavors of Bon Appetit 1994
- The Flavors of Bon Appetit 1995: Volume 2
- The Flavors of Bon Appetit 1999
- The Flavors of Bon Appétit 2000
- Flavors of Bon Appetit 2002
- The Flavors of Bon Appétit, Volume 5 (1998)
- The Flavors of Bon Appetit: Volume 4 1997
- French Country Favorites: Cooking With Bon Appetit
- Gifts from the Kitchen
- More of the Best of Bon Appetit
- More of the Best of Bon Appétit
- Pies and Tarts
- Recipe Yearbook 1987: Editors' Choice of Recipes from 1986
- Too Busy To Cook Vol. 2
- Too Busy to Cook?: Time-Saving Recipes and Easy Menus from Bon Appetit Magazine
- Vegetables (Cooking with Bon Appétit)