To create a Bookshelf you need to become a member...it's Free!
Add your cookbooks, magazines, favorite blogs and websites to your Bookshelf and you have a searchable index of your recipes*. You can also include any recipe on the web and all your own personal recipe clippings.
With a Free Membership you can add unlimited blogs and online recipes and 5 cookbooks or magazines. Or for just US$2.50 a month you can add all your cookbooks and magazines.
Imagine a single index of all your recipes! Become a member now
My Bookshelf - a single index of all your recipes*
We have indexed the recipes - all you have to do is add the cookbooks and magazines you own and the blogs you follow to your Bookshelf.
- Books - create a digital catalog of all your cookbooks.
- Magazines - the most popular food magazines have been indexed. Add the ones you own.
- Blogs - we have indexed the best food blogs and websites. Add your favorites and we're sure you'll find others you'll love.
- Online Recipes - add any of the 215,000 indexed recipes, many from cookbooks and magazines, that have online links.
Search your Bookshelf for new recipe ideas and easily find old favorites
Once you've added your books, magazines and blogs - you can start searching! Your search result tells you where you can find recipes*.
- You can search for recipes using title and/or ingredients.
- You can narrow down your search further using Recipe Type, Ethnicity, Meal/Course, Occasion and Special Diet to find exactly the right recipe.
- Or you can search the EYB Library for the recipes with online links (over 215,000). Try Now, you don't have to be a member to do this.
Catalog & organize your cookbook collection
Having set up your Bookshelf, now you can get even more organized! Use Bookmarks to tag your books and recipes to make them even easier to find.
- Create your own Bookmark lists with names that have meaning to you.
- Plan a menu, save your favorite recipes or mark the ones that you want to try out later.
- Group your books by location or type.
- Add Notes to remind you of any changes you made or who you cooked the recipe for.
Chat with other cookbook lovers - get inspired!
Share cooking knowledge & tips, see other members' favorite books & recipes.
- Benefit from other cookbook lovers' experiences.
- EYB members can add ratings and comments to their books and recipes.
- Find a topic that interests you in the Forum and add a comment. Or start a new topic.
Take a look at the Forum now.
* At Eat Your Books we love great recipes - and the best come from chefs, authors and bloggers who have spent time developing and testing them. We help you locate recipes but for the full instructions you need to go to its original source. If the recipe is available online - click the link "View complete recipe" - if not, you do need to own the cookbook or magazine