You must be a Member to create a Bookshelf and post on the Forum. By signing up for membership of the Website, you agree to pay all membership fees in effect at the time (see Fees and Payments below) as well as to abide by the terms provided here.
A free trial Membership is available that allows you to add 5 or less books to your Bookshelf. To add more books you must take out a monthly or annual subscription.
Membership is for personal owners of cookbooks. If you are an organization such as a culinary school or library, please contact us to arrange a corporate membership.
Your username should not be rude or insulting, and cannot imply you are connected to EYB in any way. You cannot use your username to suggest you are someone or from an organization that you are not.
The confidentiality of your registration information is your responsibility. You cannot transfer, sell or assign your membership without the approval of EYB. You are responsible for all activity on your account, whether authorized by you or not. If you think an unauthorized individual is using your account, please let EYB know. You cannot use the Website for anything illegal.
Children under thirteen years of age (13) cannot join as Members due to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) which restricts the information that can be collected from children under thirteen. Children between the ages of thirteen and eighteen must secure a parent or guardian's permission before becoming a Member.
Fees, Payments & Renewals
All payments due are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise indicated. We accept credit cards and PayPal as payment sources. All payments are final and non-refundable, except at our sole discretion. If your use of EYB is terminated for any reason, whether by you or by EYB, you will lose and forfeit any time remaining on your account.
You must select from the following types of subscriptions: (i) yearly; or (ii) month-to-month. You will be charged the current subscription rate for your type of subscription. Your account is provided with the functionality to cancel future automatic renewals.
Monthly and Annual* subscriptions are charged to the supplied credit card and default to renew automatically as at the anniversary date of your subscription. To change or update your method of payment you need to contact PayPal.
EYB reserves the right to change membership fees at any time, which will only be applicable at your next renewal date. Furthermore, we reserve the right to add additional features to the website in the future which may incur additional fees. You will be given at least 30 days' notice of all changes to EYB's fees.
To cancel a Monthly or Annual subscription go to your Account page and click on "Cancel your recurring payments". If you cancel your subscription before the end of your current paid up month or year no fees will be refunded. Your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again, though you may continue to use the Website until the end of the paid for period.
Posting on EYB
At EYB, we welcome your input to our Website through postings to our website. However, there are few rules you must follow in order to do so. Failure to follow these rules could result in the suspension or termination of your Membership. In the event EYB terminates your membership for abuse, no portion of your membership fee will be refunded.
- Be polite. Only post something you would say face-to-face. Comments posted in the Forum become the sole property of EYB and may be used for business purposes including but not limited to marketing and promotions.
- Be alert. If you see a posting you think is abusive, please flag it so that we can deal with it appropriately.
- Do not get personal. Please respect the personal opinions of others. Even if you strongly disagree with a posting, you must refrain from personal attacks and insults.
- Be careful. You may not post anything that violates the copyright or proprietary rights of any third party without their express permission.
- Be warned. EYB is not liable for material posted by members, including defamatory and offensive material. EYB will make every effort to remove any such material.
- Do not post promotional or marketing messages or try to sell any services or products to members.
You may not change, copy, reproduce, republish or download any material from the Website. You must respect all copyright and other notices. You cannot make commercial use of any material obtained from the Website, except as allowed in the agreement, or by the prior written permission of EYB. The Website and its content are protected by copyright and trademark laws of the United States and other countries, international conventions, and other laws.
Any comments you post in the Forum or reviews of books or recipes become the property of EYB and can be used by us for any marketing or promotional purposes. However there will be no personal association made to the Member without their explicit permission. All comments and reviews are non-exclusive - i.e. you can use reviews you have also posted on other websites or blogs.
- Only upload photographs or images of completed dishes that are relevant and appropriate for that recipe.
- You must hold the copyright of the images that you are uploading. Images that are considered to infringe the copyright or trademarks of other individuals, organisations or companies will not be permitted.
- By uploading an image to EatYourBooks.com, you permit Eat Your Books and its licensees and assigns, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right to copy, crop, edit, publish, display, distribute, sublicense or otherwise use the image for the full term of copyright thereof, in connection with the publication or display of Eat Your Books content, in all languages and all media, whether now known or hereinafter devised, including without limitation on the Internet, on mobile platforms and/or devices, in printed materials, and in the advertising, publicity and promotion thereof.
- You, and not Eat Your Books, are entirely responsible for all registered user content that you upload or post, or otherwise transmit via the platform, and you will indemnify us in respect of any loss, liability, claim or damage suffered or incurred by us in connection with any such registered user content.
- You also understand and agree that nothing in this agreement obligates Eat Your Books to display or use your photograph(s).
- Eat Your Books reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter these terms at any time for any reason without prior notice, or to terminate the Photo Upload Service for any reason at any time without prior notice, whether removed from the entire website or removed from individual member accounts.
- Eat Your Books also reserves the right to reject and remove any uploaded photo from display on its website, for any reason, at any time, without prior notice.
The Last Word
Use of the Website is at your own risk. You assume full responsibility as well as any risk stemming from the use of the information on the Website. We recommend you always check the recipes in your own cookbook before going shopping. There may be slight differences in the recipes and ingredients between editions. EYB will not be liable for any consequential losses or damages which result from the use of the Website.
Any questions or comments - Contact Us
Last updated September 28, 2016