Welcome to Eat Your Books!
If you are new here, you may want to learn a little more about how this site works. Eat Your Books has indexed recipes from leading cookbooks and magazines as well recipes from the best food websites and blogs.
Become a member and you can create your own personal ‘Bookshelf’. Imagine having a single searchable index of all your recipes – both digital and print!
Golden Door Cooks at Home: Favorite Recipes from the Celebrated Spa by Dean Rucker and Marah Stets
Reviews about this book
- ISBN 10 0307450791
- ISBN 13 9780307450791
- Published Apr 21 2009
- Format Hardcover
- Language English
- Countries United States
- Publisher Clarkson Potter
- Imprint Clarkson N Potter Publishers
Tucked away in the rolling hills and hidden valleys of idyllic southern California, the Golden Door is the epitome of the luxury spa experience. As the quintessential holistic retreat, the spa is equally renowned for its inspired, bold, and innovative cuisine. In celebration of fifty sensational years, the Golden Door shares the secrets of its celebrated kitchen, bringing its famously fresh and healthful cuisine into your home.
With a focus on lean proteins, whole grains, fresh vegetables, and other wholesome foods combined in astoundingly delicious ways, Golden Door Cooks at Home shares Chef Dean Rucker's most sought-after recipes, including:
- Spiny Lobster and Mango Gazpacho Shooters
- Soft Rosemary-Lemon Polenta with Sweet Corn, Oyster Mushrooms, and Rainbow Chard
- Adobo-Marinated Grass-Fed Flank Steak with Spinach Salad and Roasted Poblano Dressing
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Rosemary Roasted New Potatoes and Apple-Mint Salad
- Blackberry Nectarine Crisp
Also featured are cooking tips from Chef Rucker's popular cooking classes, information about how to boost flavor healthfully, recipes for easy-to-make sauces and vinaigrettes, and sidebars on fitness, nutrition, and other aspects of the unique Golden Door experience. Whether you've been a guest in the past or have only dreamed of getting a taste of the Golden Door, you'll enjoy this culinary tribute to one of the world's most restorative and nurturing destinations.
Other cookbooks by this author
- Eva's Kitchen
- Eva's Kitchen: Cooking with Love for Family and Friends
- The Foothills Cuisine of Blackberry Farm: Recipes and Wisdom from Our Artisans, Chefs, and Smoky Mountain Ancestors
- The Forks Over Knives Plan: How to Transition to the Life-Saving, Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet
- Raising the Bar: Better Drinks for Better Entertaining